The Thermo-Fisher LTQ-XL is a linear ion trap (LIT) mass
spectrometer with electrospray ionization (ESI) and atmospheric pressure
chemical ionization (APCI) capabilities. The LTQ-XL has MSn
capabilities, which is a powerful analytical tool for use in structural
analysis. This mass spectrometer can provide molecular weight and sequence
information for small peptides (MW below 2000 Da) at the femtomole level with
proper analyte introduction.
LTQ-XL Linear Iontrap MS USER'S MANUAL in PDF format.Please read for training.
· Mass Ranges: 15-200 Th, 50-2000 Th, 200-4000 Th
· Resolution: 0.05 FWHM with Ultra ZoomScan
· Sensitivity: 250 femtogram reserpine in 1:1 isopropanol:water at 400µL/min flow rate for both MS/MS and MSn.
· ZoomScan for isotopic resolution across full-range scan
· Ultra ZoomScan for ultimate resolution
· Turbo Scan for ultra-fast scan to improve signal-to-noise and sampling rate
· Positive/negative ionization modes
· ESI and APCI sources
· Pulsed Q Collision Induced Dissociation (PQD) enables trapping of low mass fragment ions.
· High Resolution Isolation allows for the separation of an isobaric interfering species down to 0.3 Da or for isolation of thermally labile compounds.
· Automatic Gain Control (AGC) used to ensure ideal number of ions stored in linear ion trap each scan.
· MSn for n=1 to 15 for structural analysis
· Advanced Data Dependent Experiments possible (i.e. Triple Play, Neutral Loss, Ion Tree)
· Linear ion trap with radial ejection. Dual conversion dynode detectors used to capture high capacity of the ion signal.
· Automated system calibration performed by CMA
should be in an ESI-friendly solvent system such as 50/50
Water/Acetonitrile, Water/Methanol, etc.
ion samples, a small amount of acetic acid (0.1% v/v) can be added to
enhance the signal. TFA is not recommended.
For direct injection,
prepare at least 100µL of sample. For flow-injection analysis 20µL is
sample concentrations are as follow:
peptides: 1-10µM (pmol/µL)
proteins: 2-10µM (pmol/µL)
Back to Top