Benefits of Undergraduate Research
In addition to the diverse range of projects in which you can become involved, undergraduate research is often the highlight of a student's learning experience as a chemistry major.
- Opportunity to join a professor's research group and participate in interdisciplinary research at the frontiers of chemical science.
- Develop advanced laboratory skills in your area of interest and use state-of-the-art instrumentation.
- Receive MCS College Research Honors at graduation.
- Participate in cutting-edge applications of your course work in developing new materials, solving environmental problems, and gaining detailed understanding of important biological systems.
- Acquire hands-on experience and general scientific skills that will be valuable whether you choose to pursue graduate study, health professions, or careers in industry.
- Research units often serve as chemistry electives for chemistry majors.