ChemSAC is the undergraduate Student Advisory Committee for chemistry majors. All chemistry majors and first year students interested in the chemistry major are considered to be members of the organization and are invited to participate in all meetings and activities.
ChemSAC serves a curricular role in advising the department Committee on Undergraduate Advising and Curriculum on curricular initiatives and in providing feedback on current programs.
In addition ChemSAC serves an important social role in planning activities that bring students and faculty together in settings outside of the classroom.
Examples of recurring activities:
- Undergraduate picnic (fall)
- Team for campus Relay for Life event (fall)
- Halloween Party (fall)
- Participation in educational outreach as part of National Chemistry Week (fall)
- Bowling (fall or spring)
- Annual Murder Mystery Dinner (spring)
- Tie-dying Lab Coats (spring)